Recently: 20 May
20 May 2022
- “I’m an optimist. If this is the end of the world, at least we didn’t miss anything.” John Waters
- A Brief History of the Heroes of Black Pulp
- The “hidden in plain sight” world of tattooing in South Korea.
- An interview with artist Hunter Read, who quit his job to make marbles.
- 10 horror books for summer
- In which Terri Windling collects thoughts on storytelling and storytellers: Where the wild things are.
- The Death of Jane Lawrence by Caitlin Starling is a twisted gothic romance/mystery full of body horror and perplexing ritualism. It’s a strange stew, but it works.
- I caught the 1981 film Dead & Buried and it’s great. Like a gorier Twilight Zone episode gracefully stretched to feature length. Let’s talk about this one way more.
- Obviously season two of Russian Doll is fantastic.
- If you want a clever and breezy Agatha Christie romp, Why Didn’t They Ask Evans, from director Hugh Laurie, will fit the bill admirably.
- Hey, new Florence: