30 September 2023
Let’s get some stories published, while we have the Great Pumpkin’s blessing upon us.
- Tales from the Moonlit Path is open to story and poetry submissions for its Halloween issue until October 6.
- The Crows Quill is accepting stories for their upcoming monthly theme of “Dark Epistolaries” now until October 10.
- You can send your macabre speculative fiction to Electric Spec until October 15.
- The Other Stories podcast is open for stories with a crime theme until October 14.
- If you are a woman or non-binary writer with essays about ghosts, folklore, the occult, witchcraft, cryptids, dark history, cemetery art, voodoo, tarot, or parapsychology research, you can send them to The Feminine Macabre.
- The Crimson Quill Quarterly wants dark fantasy submissions until October 31.
- Haven Spec opens for fiction, non-fiction and poetry on October 1 and stays open until October 31.
- Spooky Magazine throws open the doors to submissions for its very first edition on October 1. Send them your cozy, fun, and classic horror.
- Uncanny Magazine is open to short story submissions October 2 to 16.
- Raw Dog Screaming Press is collecting weird fiction and cosmic horror from marginalized writers for Beyond the Bounds of Infinity until October 15.
- Screams from the Ocean Floor from Broken Brain Books is open to ocean-themed horror fiction until October 31.
- Engen Books wants PG-13-level cryptid tales for its anthology Cryptids from the Rock, with preference given to authors with connections to Newfoundland and Labrador. Submissions open until October 31.
- The Molotov Cocktail’s annual Flash Monster contest is still open for flash fiction about monsters until October 9.